PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT COACHINGSERVICES
Performance improvement contributes to increased productivity, reduced conflict and improvements to the bottom line.
Who Benefits From Performance Improvement Coaching?
Teams who are:
• unable to meet their targets
• unable to envision how to move from their current level of performance to a higher level of productivity
• having difficulty working with each other
• unable to develop a vision of their future and how they fit into the company/organization
• unable to tap into their potential
Benefits of Performance Improvement Coaching
For the Participant:
• Connects the individual to his/her strengths
• Identifies areas of need and provides knowledge and skills to minimize or eliminate them
• Builds awareness of how his/her performance is impacting the company/organization
• Increases understanding of what team behaviour looks, sounds and feels like
• Builds capacity to deal constructively with professional challenges
• Focuses on positive action and success
For the Company/Organization:
• Increases productivity
• Minimizes or eliminates time spent on employee issues and problems
• Reduces stress for supervisors
• Improves morale
• Improves creativity and harmonious problem solving
• Motivates employees to contribute to the company’s/organization’s bottom line
• Improves relationships
How it Works
The Performance Improvement Coaching process begins with the coach meeting with the referring person and or the client to determine the perceived needs, and the gap between current and desired levels of performance. A plan is designed with the client to close the gap.
The coaching process is confidential and based on the premise that the client will learn and practice new skills, receive feedback on levels of proficiency, reflect on outcomes, identify and make needed adjustments, and keep moving in a proactive and positive direction.
As the client understands what motivates him/her, how he/she thinks, and identifies unproductive thoughts and perceptions which are influencing performance, he/she is able to benefit immensely from the coaching process.
Targets are set during each coaching session. The clients gets an opportunity to roleplay and practice the new ideas in his/her real life situations. When tools or techniques do not work the client has the opportunity to evaluate the experience and modify his/her approach with the coach prior to returning to the workplace.
Ultimately, Performance Improvement Coaching results in:
1. More motivated employees
2. Employees who can deal with differences positively and harmoniously
3. More productive employees who contribute to the outcomes desired by the company/organization
4. Improved capacity to deal with change, conflict and meet established targets.
When companies/organizations invest in employees, they want to ensure the return is worth the company’s/ organization’s efforts.
What Clients Are Saying
Thank you so much for all of your guidance and support, Brenda. You are amazing. We have much work ahead of us, but I feel that we all much better equipped to handle the challenge. I am sure that I can speak for the others that we deeply appreciate your commitment and professionalism.
It is such a fantastic feeling that we are now working together as a team!
M. B. D., EAP Coordinator
I wanted to pass on very specific feedback on your work with one of our employees. The employee shared that you were able to assess her situation adeptly, and were able to understand and consider her profession and gender issues.
She indicated increased problem solving in all levels and types of communication in the workplace, and reduction in her personal reactiveness and levels of stress.
The employee is now feeling able to consider further steps of intervention from a systemic perspective.
Thanks so much
T. D., Manager
I became more aware/appreciative of the need to include/consider/address the dynamics of the interpersonal relationship when conducting business. Knowledge and experience by themselves do not trump/veto the need to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
It has allowed me to become less anxious and less inhibited when working. I am enjoying moment more and worrying less about how/if I am going to get there.
Coaching affirmed for me that with practice, preparation, and commitment I can succeed. My limitations have inherent strengths which can play a part in my success.
Thank you for your excellent work in the preparation of the report. It is most comprehensive and your presentations on this Report were excellent.
I learned how my “Gregorc Mind Style” will help me understand my natural way and how to relate to people who have different styles. I know i) what makes a good elevator speech and how to make people want to know more and ii) the importance of having ‘offerings’ that will give people a choice. I now have a practical way of making sure my business objectives are met.
Dr. Kelleher-Flight’s presentation helped us meet our conference goal by providing information to benefit delegates in their respective businesses. We were very pleased with the positive comments on your workshop.
About the Coach
Dr. Brenda Kelleher-Flight is trained in conflict resolution, performance enhancement, and performance improvement coaching.
She holds a certificate in Coaching for a Better Workplace: Building Capacity in Others from the Stitt Held Handy Group and the University of Windsor Law School.